Peter Tzanev (1967) is a professor of art psychology at the National Academy of Art in Sofia. He is the author of books like The Psychology of Art (2008), Psychological Approaches in Art Science (2009), Image and Consciousness in Art Therapy (2017), co-authored by prof. Vladimir Nikitin, and The Untold Bulgarian Abstraction (2014), co-authored by Prof. Stanislav Pamukchiev.
Selected individual exhibitions:
- Entkoppelung des Objekts (2015) Goethe Instutute, Sofia, and Contemporary Space Gallery, Varna;
- Emphatic Tools (2011) Rayko Alexiev Gallery, Sofia;
- Unpredictably transparent. Heterochronic Installations (2010) Atelier Plastilin Gallery, Sofia;
- Ektoplastic Drawings and Installations (2009) Shipka 6 Exhibition Space, Sofia;
- Exercises in Perfection (2006) Irida Gallery, Sofia.
Selected participations in collective exhibitions: The Image is No Longer Available (2017), Credo Bonum Gallery, Sofia; Parallel, Daire Gallery, 14th Istanbul Biennale Parallel Programme (2015); Athens Photo Festival (2015) Benaki Museum, Athens; Imago Mundi. Luciano Benetton Collection (2015) Giorgio Cini, Venice; Redefining the Space of Everyday Life, Curators: Irina Batkova, Ezgi Bakçay Çolak, Gaia Gallery, Istanbul (2015); The Forgotten Pioneer Movement (2014), District. Kunst und Kulturförderung; Berlin, Germany; Recorded memories (2013), Braunschweig museum für photographie, Germany.
Works by the artist have been exhibited at: the National Museum of Contemporary Art, Bucharest; Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art Rijeka; CerModern, Ankara; Warehouse A‘, Port of Thessaloniki; Nicosia Municipal Arts Centre; Collegium Artisticum, Sarajevo.
Exhibition: Out of body experience